Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Roger Federer and my lessons of spirituality

At the age of 26, he is on his way to become a living legend. While being on this journey, he shall soon surpass all the existing records in the world of Tennis and establish new definitions of record which will be unattainable by any player in years to come. He embodies natural talent and great hard work with a touché of spirituality. His presence on the court has to be seen by eyes and felt by heart. When the real testing moments come, he shows his natural perseverance and calmness which otherwise only a truly spiritual person can exhibit.

At the age of 24, I am virtually non-existent for the world as nobody knows me for any kind of achievements for they are none. I am sorry if I am sounding depressing. But that is not perception desired by the efforts of penning down my intimate feelings.

This is not something flashed to me suddenly. This very thought that I don’t have any significant achievements in life, is there with me from last many years. My tennis idol has been instrumental in making this thought resurface after a considerable amount of time gap.

I am not, in any ways, comparing my life with his, for his being truly beyond comparison. The purpose of this outpour is to find answer to single most important question in my life and the question is “What is the purpose of my life?”

This very question has been discussed in many books, discussions, discourses related to spirituality. But nobody has ever mentioned any way to seek the answer. So I feel that somebody started a surgery and left in the middle without finishing the operation and without fixing the problem. That is the feeling which stems from incompleteness, which has filled my life for the time being. But why do I need to seek answer to questions which don not have any definite answer, while people whom I can see don’t even bother about the terms like aim of life or living a life truly?

My tennis idol made me rethink about it. This question is not new to me. I have been thinking over it since, I can remember, I started actually “thinking” about things. I know I have the great capacity to do “something”. This mystery of “something” is killing me. There has to be a purpose to my existence.

He is the person who is giving his 100% efforts to the purpose of his life. He is born to be a legendary player. His efforts are consistent with the aim of his life. He might not have started with the thought but he must have known that tennis is his “something”.

The thought that my “something” is still a well-guarded secret by Almighty, aches my heart. I was not born to be a miscellaneous. I was born because I have to achieve my share of goals. For all these years, I have really been complacent. I was happy with whatever I got. I never expected more for I never gave more that what was required or expected.

But as the days of my life are passing by me, a thought haunts me. I can not die as an ordinary person. There has to be “something” for me in the store. If I do not wake up and put in efforts for it NOW, it will be too late to call all the years which I spent breathing as a life, a fulfilling life. I need some light to search that “something” which, I know, lies within me, deep inside.

6 comments:

Anjali Patil said...

Hey that was really very beautifully written....May you get that SOMETHING very soon.
Really few people think about their "somtehing" and I m very proud of you that you think about your SOMETHING and you made me to think about my SOMETHING, my LAKSHYA....
And i'l always love you for your this attitude.

Vibhor said...

Hey.. I'm so happy to see your post. Great!! Your something (I don't want to put it in quotes) is just around the corner playing hide and seek with you (or may be you're playing hide and seek.. just kidding). I hope to see this journey of your life in pursuit of happyness (for those who don't know.. it's not a spelling mistake) through this blog. Keep it up.. all the best.

Oh.. and for those who just read this blog.. thank you very much. You've helped in saving some energy which eventually makes the Earth a better place to live. Thanks.

Unknown said...

hey, very nice dear..... All the Best....... You will surely get your "SOMETHING" very soo.....n and i wish and will be happy to see that day.... so, that i can proudly tell to each and every one that i am your friend...... ALL THE BEST.... (once again)

Vikas Gupta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blade said...

Your thinking is still right, but your faith in yourself has weakened in time.
I have always believed that until we are dead, we are still alive, and as a matter of fact, if you are still alive, then obviously you are not dead...!
So why worry/hurry about finishing the meal before its too late..
Infact it is never too late, for any thing in life.
It is only the appropriate time for doing things. Even if you miss one, theres another moment.
Keep your faith on high heels.
And last thing from the first, you are no ordinary person.
Keep believing in this fact.

one of the three stars :) said...

I know you since childhood. I remember I saw same kind of spirit when we were in 8’Th. After that when we entered in our professional life. And once again with more energy and with more aims you are in front of me. Though I am far away from you but still I can feel all the feelings and you’re unsaid “something . I am confident that you would definitely achieve whatever you want in life. Not only because of your strong belief but because you are my friend ;)