Since my childhood, I had this strange wish. I always wanted to meet God. But what is strange in that? Everybody wants to meet God and ask for something. Even I wanted to ask something. But not a common, general pleasure driven desire. I have always been a happy and satisfied soul. I was always happy with everything I had and few things which I did not have. Still I wanted to meet God and ask Him (at that time, God was invariably a "He") what He has decided for me, what I will become eventually, what is the purpose of my life.
Till now, I have not met God. Beliefs have seen a paradigm shift a little while ago. Now I think, I do not believe in the concept of God. If somebody like me wants to meet Him so much, then why has He not met me yet? At least, He could have answered my questions for He is supposed to understand mind of every human being and listen to their silent prayer.
I am not an atheist. I do not have any passive outlook towards life. I still have a huge faith in life. But only difference is that I can not take God as He is defined by my fellow human beings. Fear can not induce faith for a concept into a human. I am not scared.
If they say that God is the one who drives this world, then I want to meet Him. I want to feel Him. I want to experience Him. If I can not see Him or feel Him, how can I believe in Him?
Somebody please at least describe Him for me.
Till then, I will be in search of God...
2 comments:
You know what.. I just have one question to ask when I meet "God".. What is the purpose of His existence?
This is one of the best explanations I could gather of why God exits: A man went to a barbershop to have his hair cut and his beard trimmed. As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation. They talked about so many things and various subjects.
When they eventually touched on the subject of God, the barber said: I don't believe that God exists." Why do you say that?" asked the customer. "Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn't exist. Tell me, if God exists, would there be so many sick people? Would there be abandoned children? If God existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain. I can't imagine a loving God who would allow all of these things." The customer thought for a moment, but didn't respond because he didn't want to start an argument. The barber finished his job and the customer left the shop. Just after he left the barbershop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy, dirty hair and an untrimmed beard. He looked dirty and unkempt. The customer turned back and entered the barber shop again and he said to the barber: "You know what? Barbers do not
exist." How can you say that?" asked the surprised barber. I am here, and I am a barber. And I just worked on you!" No!" the customer exclaimed. "Barbers don't exist because if they did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards, like that man outside." Ah, but barbers DO exist! That's what happens when people do not come to me. "Exactly!" affirmed the customer. "That's the point! God, too, DOES exist! That's what happens when people do not go to Him and don't look to Him for help. That's why there's so much pain and suffering in the world."
And coming to why you didn't get an audience with Him: If God could be seen in this life, the tests of this life would be pointless. What makes this life a real test is the fact that we are obliged to believe in God without exactly seeing Him. If God were visible, everyone would believe in Him and all that the prophets taught. In fact, man would end up like angels, in total obedience to God. Because God made man to be higher than the angels, whose belief in God was without choice, man's choice of belief over disbelief had to be in a situation where God 's existence could be questioned. Thus, God has kept himself hidden from mankind and will continue to do so until the last day.
Post a Comment