When you need help with something and you find it, you are just so relieved to get the help. Most of the times we do not even think about whom we are getting the help from.
We just want to get out of the uncomfortable situation of being helpless. That rush, that desperation to get out of it is so forceful that we pull every possible string just to cross the edge. But what we do not know what lies on the other side of the edge. Another danger, another uncertainty can be looming over at that place. Life is all about getting out of one trouble and getting involved into the next one. We get out of one trouble only to get into the next one.
That applies to even relationships. I am into one relationship, desperately wanting to get out of it. But how I do not know. So I take help from someone who is kind and comforting. He helps me to fight my demons and helps me get out of it. Having been really exhausted due to all the emotional turmoil, I take refuge at the first available spot. The guy who helped me! So I am dejected, I am vulnerable, I am helpless as I do not know what to do with all the free time and free mind and free brain. So I get involved with that guy and starts with my next emotional turmoil.
As if every relationship is a carton filled with coal-tar. Life is one road which has all such cartons placed right next to each other. I stumble upon one carton, get my leg stuck into it. Now what? I can not take it out. So I put my free leg into the next carton so that it will get stuck in the coal-tar and I can pull my other leg out of first carton. My other leg gets free but what about the leg which I put in the coal-tar in the second carton? I put it on my own. Nobody forced me. I was just so desperate to get my leg out of the first coal-tar carton, that I did not realize what I was doing. I was getting stuck. Now what? To get that leg out, I am going to stick my recently freed leg in the next carton… And it goes on until I do not have enough life in me to lift my leg and stick it in the coal-tar any further...
We just want to get out of the uncomfortable situation of being helpless. That rush, that desperation to get out of it is so forceful that we pull every possible string just to cross the edge. But what we do not know what lies on the other side of the edge. Another danger, another uncertainty can be looming over at that place. Life is all about getting out of one trouble and getting involved into the next one. We get out of one trouble only to get into the next one.
That applies to even relationships. I am into one relationship, desperately wanting to get out of it. But how I do not know. So I take help from someone who is kind and comforting. He helps me to fight my demons and helps me get out of it. Having been really exhausted due to all the emotional turmoil, I take refuge at the first available spot. The guy who helped me! So I am dejected, I am vulnerable, I am helpless as I do not know what to do with all the free time and free mind and free brain. So I get involved with that guy and starts with my next emotional turmoil.
As if every relationship is a carton filled with coal-tar. Life is one road which has all such cartons placed right next to each other. I stumble upon one carton, get my leg stuck into it. Now what? I can not take it out. So I put my free leg into the next carton so that it will get stuck in the coal-tar and I can pull my other leg out of first carton. My other leg gets free but what about the leg which I put in the coal-tar in the second carton? I put it on my own. Nobody forced me. I was just so desperate to get my leg out of the first coal-tar carton, that I did not realize what I was doing. I was getting stuck. Now what? To get that leg out, I am going to stick my recently freed leg in the next carton… And it goes on until I do not have enough life in me to lift my leg and stick it in the coal-tar any further...
No comments:
Post a Comment