Saturday, January 17, 2009

Favorite moments !

When I would peddle my bicycle with all the strength in my body, against the gushing wind, continuously reminding myself "Who can win someone who is competing in the race against herself ?"

That moment of passion is my favorite moment...


When I was walking home after my school with few friends and my dad saw me in the way and called out with my nick name. I was so happy to see him.

That moment of overflowing affection is my favorite moment...


When I was allowed to take my bicycle to school on the first day of fourth grade, I knew that my dad would follow me just to know how I was doing. On my way to school, I sensed that he was following me and when I looked back, he was there. He smiled. I waited for him to come along. We both rode our bicycles and he accompanied me to the school.

The moment when I felt that he would come to check on me and he was there, that moment of immense trust is my favorite moment...


When my sister was young and she would walk with me, holding my hand, that was the time when I asked her what I should call her and gave her few options, she chose one and told me with a smile.

That moment of responsibility is my favorite moment...


When we were young and I used to play with my brother, he would show me so many ways to be caring and loving and being gentle.

All of those moments of love and care are my favorite moments...


When my mom first realized that I have actually grown up as a person, as a woman, she granted me the freedom to choose my own way in life.

That, that moment of earning the respect is my favorite moment...


When I saw him for the first time standing in a group and I turned away to ask my friend if she knew him. When I looked for him again, he was gone...

That moment of desperation is my favorite moment...


When I met a friend after many years and when I talked to him for the first time, I realized that nothing had changed between us.

That moment of familiarity and comfort is my favorite moment...


When I stood under Niagara Falls and faced life and death at the same time, I was smiling with joy and crying with fear at the same time. That was the time I realized I should face death with the same joy I am facing my life. I should hug death with the same fervor, I am hugging my life. That was the time when I hugged myself because I was life and I was death at that moment.

That moment of overcoming my fears is my favorite moment...

When I was with him, trying to forget the unrest around, trying to comfort one another in the cool breeze of the beautiful evening. The full moon was just rising from the horizon. That was the moment when I felt as if that was the most beautiful evening so far since life came alive on this planet. Not just because he was there but because the evening was really surreal.

That dreamy moment is my favorite moment...


When Chris Gardner earns a paid-job at Dean Witter from among the pool of trainees and does not know how to express his "happyness".

That moment of urge to be happy in life like everybody else walking on the busy street of San Francisco is my favorite moment...


When I saw him chatting with few people, when he looked at me, I knew instantly that I would meet him again after that day. While we were working, he stared at me for few moments as if he was trying to recollect if we had met before. The look in his eyes did not change even though I looked back at him. Then I did meet him again on some other day. That was one beautiful night. My old friend, the moon was shining as ever. We met on a busy street, exchanged few words and he left with the company he had. When he said good-bye, I knew that I would meet him again on the same night, on the same busy street. Hours later we again bumped into each other. We met once again after that evening. Only this time, we both were very unsure if we would ever meet again !

All these moments of unexpected joy after meeting an almost unknown person and moments of much-anticipated separation for the life are my favorite moments...


When I offer my prayers to my god every morning and when I thank my god for the good life he has given me, for the generosity he has shown in giving me a great family, amazing friends, wonderful opportunities, few disappointments and enough faith to carry on in life.

That is my favorite moment in my day...

2 comments:

Sentience said...

This is the best blog you have posted till date :-) . Keep it up!!

Unknown said...

this post is breath of fresh air :)